We are super excited to share with you our second savory-ish shake! Our newest addition to the Tennant Products' team, Shellie Pruden, Director of Customer Success, is a passionate home cook and took on the challenge of making our second savory shake using Non-Sweet Vanilla Restore.
Give this bright, lemony-basil shake a try when you are looking for a less sweet flavor for your daily Restore shake.
Ingredients for your Lemon-Basil savory shake:
- One serving of Restore Professional Non-Sweet Vanilla
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 2 Lemons (or to taste)
- 3-4 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil muddled* or about 6-8 large leaves (If you love basil, go ahead and add more or use 3-4 drops of organic basil essential oil.)
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk of your choice (almond milk or oat milk are both delicious—just remember if it's flavored it will add to the shake)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup ice
* Muddling is a technique used in drinks to gently mash herbs or fruit to release their juices. This helps the flavors to bind with the liquid better than simply using them whole.
Instructions for your Lemon-Basil savory shake:
- Zest 1 lemon, set aside.
- Juice both lemons, set aside.
- Put Basil leaves in a bowl or cup, and either using a muddler or the back of a spoon, smash basil to release the oils.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, muddled basil (or essential oil) to blender or shaker bottle.
- Add milk, Restore, water, and ice.
- Blend until mixed well.
- Pour into your favorite glass, and ENJOY!
It’s your body. It’s your life. Ingredients matter.
Featured Products in This Article:
Dr. Tennant’s® Restore Professional Non-Sweet Vanilla
An all-natural, biologically active formula with over 20 patented and trademarked ingredients, for those who want to enjoy their favorite smoothie that is less sweet. Indulge by adding your favorite fresh ingredients, just the way you love it.
Dr. Tennant's® Shaker Bottle Pro
Made especially for Dr. Tennant by BlenderBottle® for mixing your Restore or Brain Food.