Magnesium Malate is a highly - absorbable form of supplemented Magnesium.
Magnesium Malate is one of the best forms of supplemented Magnesium there is. Not only is it highly-absorbable so the body can use it, but it is also generally well-tolerated. It is not typically associated with uncomfortable gastrointestinal distress that other forms of Magnesium supplements can cause, such as diarrhea or constipation.
Magnesium Malate not only provides the numerous benefits that supplementing with Magnesium can provide, but it also contributes to the benefits of Malic acid, (apple acid). Malic acid is a nutrient found to contribute to the process of transforming food into ATP, the body's energy source.
Magnesium (Mg) is a mineral that is involved in almost every process in your body from muscle relaxation and proper muscle movement to hormone processing.
Here are just a few examples of Magnesium's important functions:
- Magnesium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system for neurotransmission.
- Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and muscle contraction including heart muscle.
- Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis. Magnesium is needed in the production of over 350 enzymes. Enzymes are proteins that are folded into complex shapes that allow smaller molecules to fit into them which enables them to catalyze (facilitate) biochemical reactions.
- Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function and is used clinically for the treatment of anxiety and depression.
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Clinically, Magnesium may help in the treatment of many conditions including fibromyalgia, muscle cramps, restless leg syndrome, high blood pressure, constipation, insomnia, ADHD (supplemented with Omega 3 fatty acids), chronic stress and others.