Activated Bamboo CharcoalRegular price
Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Bamboo Charcoal promotes internal cleansing and a healthy digestive system. It is like a cleansing sponge with millions of tiny pores soaking up and trapping toxins and impurities as it moves down the GI tract detoxifying everything in its path.
- Helps with detox and toxin removal within the GI tract
- Highest quality carbon-rich material from bamboo
- Cleaner than the more common coconut, wood or other standard charcoals
- Great for travel and promoting a healthy digestive system
Disclaimer: The information provided on these product pages is for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always work with your healthcare provider before starting any supplement program.
Activated charcoal is a fine, odorless, black powder often used in emergency rooms to treat overdoses because of its toxin-absorbing properties. The body is unable to absorb charcoal, so it is eliminated along with all the bound toxins it finds as it moves through the GI tract.
Bamboo is better. This superior form of charcoal is made from bamboo which has been harvested after it has grown for many years, providing a higher-quality, carbon-rich raw material than the more common coconut and wood charcoal. Bamboo charcoal production also produces significantly less pollutants compared to standard charcoal, making it a much more eco-friendly source.
Harvested bamboo is burned at very high temperatures. This superheating activation process creates many tiny pores with binding sites in the charcoal molecules. Superheating bamboo charcoal makes many more pores and binding sites on each molecule than other charcoals, therefore, increasing its overall surface area for binding to occur. This is what makes bamboo charcoal a superior choice.
Imagine the surface area of an entire football field to soak up toxins and impurities. This is approximately the surface area for three capsules of Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Bamboo Charcoal.
2-3 capsules once daily at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after food and medication or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Not to be taken at the same time as medication or any other dietary supplement.
- Contraindicated in persons with variegate porphyria.
- Activated charcoal is generally considered safe for adults to use. But since the activated charcoal actually binds everything in your system, meaning it will prevent you from absorbing nutrients in your food or your medication, it may be important to take the Activated Charcoal away from these, followed by a full glass of water or according to your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Always talk to your healthcare provider before trying a new remedy or supplement especially if you are pregnant or nursing or taking other medications or supplements.