Ketones & MCTs
Humic & Fulvic Acids with Diatomaceous Eart
Dr. Tennant’s® Brain Food + (Plus) takes Dr. Tennant’s® Brain Food Formula to the next level. With added Diatomaceous Earth and Humic and Fulvic Acids, Dr. Tennant’s® Brain Food + gives the brain even more of the nutrition it needs for a longer and more lasting effect.
Your brain needs a lot of energy. Even though it’s only about 2% of your body, your brain needs 20% or more of the energy you consume. Ketone bodies can feed the brain and can act as primary fuel for cognitive activities. Dr. Tennant’s® Brain Food has Beta-HydroxyButyrate (BHB) as DL-3-HydroxyButyric Acid Calcium Salt. BHB is a ketone that the brain utilizes instead of glucose. Your brain utilizes BHB even more efficiently than glucose. Ketone bodies like BHB can cross the blood-brain barrier for utilization as well as cell membranes and the inner mitochondrial membrane. The primary role of mitochondria is to process the intake of food and oxygen and make energy for your cells. That’s energy for you!
MCTs are medium chain triglycerides, such as those found in coconut oil, which your liver can convert directly into ketones. MCTs, which are a type of fatty acid, have benefits beyond regular fats and long-chain triglycerides, in that they have a lower calorie content than other fats, are more rapidly absorbed by the body, and more quickly metabolized as fuel for organs. The MCTs in Dr. Tennant’s® Brain Food are provided as coconut oil fiber.
Additional ingredients in Dr. Tennant’s Brain Food formula serve to support ketone activity, palatability, and delivery.
- Coconut oil fiber contributes MCTs that support the effectiveness of BHB, as does MenaQ-7 (vitamin K2). K2 was added primarily to assist with supplemented calcium metabolism. BHB as a calcium salt provides 50% of the daily value (DV) of calcium. This prevents supplemental calcium from depositing into soft tissues such as cardiovascular tissue and the formation of plaques. K2 assists calcium storage in bones.
- Sunflower lecithin is an emulsifier, but it is also included for its phosphatides, such as phosphatidylcholine and others, that support brain function and mitochondrial activity (energy) in the brain.
- Butyric acid is very commonly produced by digestion; and Butyrate, a derivative, is produced by beneficial "good" microbes and helps promote beneficial bacteria colonies.
- Fiber and protein provide a weight management function as well as a prebiotic function.
- ProHydrolase® digestive enzyme group is proven to help digest supplemented protein quickly for easier digestion and absorption, which promotes a feeling of fullness to help curb the appetite. Also, without the addition of specialized enzymes, undigested protein supplements are not broken down to their amino acid building blocks, and the amino acids are not absorbed by our bodies. Undigested protein is not absorbed and can build up and become toxic in the GI tract.
- Monk fruit extract provides a natural flavor and sweetening.
You’ll note that there is no caffeine in Dr. Tennant’s Brain Food. Many products offering enhanced brain energy also include caffeine as a stimulant. Dr. Tennant values quality nutrition and avoids gim
Mix 1 scoop thoroughly until dissolved into a room temperature liquid. Avoid mixing with chlorinated water. Many prefer to mix simply with water.
TIP: For best results, take mid-afternoon or substitute for that afternoon cup of coffee.
- This product is not intended for weight loss.
- Biologically active
- All natural
- Gluten Free
- Brain Food
Great for your health
Brain food is a life saver
I have been using Brain Food Plus for quite while now and can appreciate more energy and awareness when taking it. When not taking it I can tell - especially as I am getting older. Definitely a winner!
Can't live without my Brain Food!
We can't either!