Apple pie always reminds us of fall, family and friends and the thought of sharing a slice of homemade apple pie warms our hearts. Try our Apple Pie à la Mode smoothie with the delicious flavors of apples, cinnamon and vanilla AND all the health benefits of Dr. Tennant's® Restore!Apple pie is a delicious way to celebrate the holidays and all the memories it brings. It's no wonder that this traditional American dish has been around since colonial times! Dr. Tennant’s® Restore Apple Pie à la Mode smoothie makes an excellent addition to your day while providing warm feelings of home with every sip. Indulge your senses by giving our recipe a try for a healthy alternative that includes the extraordinary nutrition you rely upon with Dr. Tennant's® Restore.
Ingredients for your Apple Pie à la Mode Smoothie:
- One scoop of your favorite Vanilla RESTORE formula: Restore Vanilla Whey Professional Formula, Restore Vanilla Veggie Professional Formula or Restore Vanilla Veggie (non-professional) Formula (We liked the Veggie the best for this recipe.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more as desired)
- 1 cup milk (We really liked vanilla almond. But you can also use oat, or dairy.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed ice
Instructions for your Apple Pie à la Mode Smoothie:
- In a blender, put in crushed ice.
- Add 1 scoop vanilla-flavored RESTORE, of your choice.
- Add apple sauce.
- Add cinnamon.
- Add your choice of milk (oat, almond or dairy).
- Place lid on blender and turn power to high, until smoothie is fully blended—just a few seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
If you want to be adventurous, put a dollop of your favorite whipped topping and a little sprinkle of nutmeg on top.