Want to put a little funk into your shake? If you do, then you will love our Vanilla RESTORE FUNKY MONKEY recipe. Let's get funky and shake up your day with bright tropical flavors AND all the health benefits of Dr. Tennant's® Restore!
Get ready to feel like you are sitting on the beach listening to a little Jimmy Buffet. This recipe is a healthy alternative to mixing up a batch of Pina Coladas. With all the fruity flavor that tastes like a tropical holiday AND the extraordinary nutrition you rely upon with Dr. Tennant's® Restore. To add a little extra, top with your favorite whipped topping and a little shaved coconut!
Ingredients for your Funky Monkey Smoothie:
- One scoop of your favorite Vanilla RESTORE formula: Restore Vanilla Whey Professional Formula, Restore Vanilla Veggie Professional Formula or Restore Vanilla Veggie (non-professional) Formula
- 1/2 cup mango, cubed (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 banana, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt (the sweet will come from Dr. Tennant's® Restore)
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut water or milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed ice (if you use frozen fruit, you may not need very much ice)
Instructions for your Funky Monkey Smoothie:
- In a blender, put in crushed ice.
- Add 1 scoop vanilla-flavored RESTORE, of your choice.
- Add your choice of liquid (coconut water or milk).
- Add yogurt and coconut oil.
- Add fruit: mango and banana.
- Place lid on blender and turn power to high, until smoothie is fully blended—just a few seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
If you want to be adventurous, pour shake into a hurricane glass, with a dollop of your favorite whipped topping, some coconut shavings and top off with a tiny umbrella.