NATURE'S NUTRIENT TRANSPORTATION & TRANSFORMATION SYSTEM
Humic and fulvic acids are super-antioxidants that aggressively neutralize free radicals and bind heavy metals and other toxins to safely eliminate from the body system. They also provide the micro and trace nutrients required for optimal health at the cellular level and help replace the microorganisms often lost in the food eaten today. Dr. Tennant's® Raw Materials® provide these humic and fulvic acids, sourced from a pristine area that carries a very high fulvic acid concentration and a desirable mineral profile essential to support optimum human health.
WHAT DO HUMIC AND FULVIC ACIDS DO?
The power of humic and super-concentrated fulvic acid
- Humic and fulvic acids naturally carry a baseline of up to 74+ minerals, including all the trace minerals and elements. They also transport vitamins, amino acids and phytonutrients throughout the body.
- Humic and fulvic acids increase nutrient absorption and delivery of nutrients to the cell. They also provide electrons to charge cell membranes and help restore cellular energetics and membrane dynamics so nutrients flow in and wastes flow out.
- Humic is especially beneficial in the GI tract for digestive health. It supports a healthy microbiome, balances fluids and electrolytes in the body, improves bowel function, and more.
- Practitioners often use Dr. Tennant's® Raw Materials® to help jump start the natural detox functions of cells, especially in chronically ill patients. It is used to enhance individual protocols and improve absorption and utility of nutrients.
LET'S BREAK THIS DOWN FURTHER
Humic acid has many of the same cleansing and detoxification properties as fulvic acid. In addition, large humic acid molecules do not easily pass outside the intestine wall, which enables them to naturally provide important protection and support to the colon and intestines. Humic acid—and to a lesser extent fulvic acid—works in our intestines and colon to provide nutritional and digestive therapy.
Transports Vitamins and Minerals
Transports vitamins and minerals and especially trace minerals that our bodies need, that are missing from our food sources. These vitamins and minerals help to prevent the need for our bodies to absorb vitamins and minerals from impacted fecal material. Unfortunately, this applies to people with an acidic pH; this would be many Americans. Humic acid helps maintain the fluid and electrolyte-mineral balance of our bodies and reduces the need to absorb vitamins and minerals and all the toxins that come with them from fecal material in the colon.
Humic acid also provides intestinal cells with much-needed nutrients and helps to support a beneficial environment so cells can function at their best. Most importantly, it provides the building blocks for the production of digestive enzymes. Without an adequate amount of digestive enzymes, food is not digested properly and can become impacted and then putrefy. Bacteria, yeast and fungus thrive in this environment and excrete toxins. All of these toxins from putrefied food and microbial secretions are absorbed back into the body as it tries to absorb missing vitamins and minerals—as well as water when we are not properly hydrated.
Humic acid also provides much-needed fiber that is missing in most diets. Humic acid is among the best fiber supplements anyone can take. Additionally, humic acid helps create a healthy microbial balance by supporting “good bacteria” with plant-based nutrition. It can also help eliminate candida, viruses, and other types of problematic microbes from the intestinal tract.
LET'S TALK ABOUT ENERGY
Our humic and fulvic acids exceed the benchmarks that define a superior-quality humic and fulvic acid nutritional health product. Some of these benchmarks include the product being highly energetic, electron-rich and oxygenated—factors that are essential to support cellular energetics. Every batch of Raw Materials® basic formula is tested to ensure a high pH and ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential), which are all hallmarks of a highly energetic, oxygenated and electron-rich product.
Why is this important?Humic and fulvic acids are often called “the spark of life.” Our bodies work on supplied energy. Not only do our bodies require nutrients to make energy—humic and fulvic acid delivers these—they also require voltage at the cellular level in order to fuel biochemical processes that support life.
Humic and fulvic acids are “mini batteries” supplying electrons to the cellsCell membranes need a charge difference between the inside and outside of the cell
The cell’s mitochondria is its powerhouse, and electrons are needed for energy production
Humic and fulvic acids are potent antioxidants donating charges that neutralize damaging free radicals on contact!
When our bodies are in a state of chronic acidity and inflammation, our cells are bombarded by free radicals and need the help of natural health remedies like Dr Tennant’s® Raw Materials®, as humic and fulvic acids ferociously neutralize free radicals on contact!
ORP – Oxidation Reduction Potential
ORP is the measure of a substance's ability to supply electrons dispersed into a liquid and carry oxygen, to support cellular processes and neutralize free radicals. Antioxidants are negative, and oxidants are positive.
Humic and fulvic acids are highly energetic molecules and powerful antioxidantsThe ORP of the humic and fulvic acids in Raw Materials® basic formula is over -170 mV (milliVolts). Electrons carry a negative charge, so a substance that carries electrons will have a negative ORP. The greater the negative number, the more electrons and charge a substance carries. Over -170mV is exceptionally powerful!
The ORP test results of over -170 mV denotes very strong antioxidant activity and ability to donate electrons. A -170 mV reading surpasses even the highest ORP of well-known food sources of flavonoid and polyphenol antioxidants, such as blueberries and cranberries, or alkalizing foods, such as kale and spinach.
Mitochondria Support – The Cell’s Powerhouse
Research suggests that humic and fulvic acids and the other plant-derived substances in Raw Materials® basic formula may work as a natural therapy to support increased levels of CoQ10 in the mitochondria. (1)
Fulvic acid has been suggested to help restore and sustain cellular energy. Studies surmise that when fulvic acid is combined with CoQ10, cellular energy gains may substantially increase. In a preliminary study, the combination of CoQ10 and fulvic acid produced a 56% increase in cellular energy production in the brain, 40% more than with CoQ10 alone. In muscle there was a 144% increase, or 27% more than with CoQ10 alone. (2)
Researchers have suggested that fulvic acid works to boost CoQ10's beneficial effects by:
- Stabilizing CoQ10 in its powerful ubiquinol (reduced, electron-rich) form, thereby prolonging its action at the cellular level. (3, 4)
- Facilitating more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, supporting greater cellular energy output. (5)
- Promoting mitochondrial metabolism and (for fulvic acid) protecting mitochondria against oxidative damage and reducing dangerous lipid peroxidation. (6)
- Converting fats and sugars into adenosine triphosphate, or ATP, the body's main source of energy. (5)
- Working as “electron shuttles,” augmenting CoQ10 to speed-up and facilitate essential electron flow in mitochondria. (7-10)
SO WHAT ARE HUMIC AND FULVIC ACIDS?
Fulvic acid is part of the humic group and includes the molecules comprising the smallest band of molecular sizes.
Fulvic acids are also the most biologically active, allowing them to reach deep tissues. All the humic acids, including fulvic acid, are important and beneficial.
In nature and on farms that produce our food, humic and fulvic acids are naturally produced in healthy soils by beneficial microbes as organic material is broken down.
Humic and fulvic acids start their journey in the soil, which will ultimately take them throughout the biosphere to support life everywhere they go—to plants, animals and human beings.
In the soil, humic and fulvic acids’ first task is to transform inorganic mineral rocks and mineral metals into their activated, ionic (water-soluble), “cell-ready” forms. This is the only mineral form that plants and humans can use. Humic and fulvic acids transport these minerals out of the soil and into the cells where they are needed in just about every metabolic process.
Humic and fulvic acids are nature’s own nutrient transportation and transformation system
Humic and fulvic acids make it possible for plants to receive the nutrition—especially minerals—they need to thrive and carry out a host of vital, life-giving functions. We rely on these microorganisms and the humic and fulvic acids they produce to be healthy and thrive as well. When we consume plants, humic and fulvic acids carry nutrients to our cells. Because fulvic acid nutrients are in their ionic “cell-ready” natural forms, our bodies have no difficulty using them immediately.
Our bodies are used to receiving these nutrients in this way. Just as plants do, humans need humic and fulvic acids along with the minerals, vitamins, amino acids, phytonutrients and other vital nutrients they naturally carry to be healthy and thrive!
Why is this so?
Fertilizers and pesticides used in modern agricultural practices destroy or severely stunt the growth of microorganisms that produce humic and fulvic acids in the soil.
When humic and fulvic acids are not in the soils, “cell-ready” minerals are not made available to plants, and subsequently are not in our food sources.
This includes all common food sources: fruits, vegetables, dairy and meats.
Even organic farming methods that protect the microorganisms deplete humic and fulvic acids, because these acids are used by plants faster than they can be replaced naturally. Some organic farmers, especially large growers, are now supplementing soils with organic agricultural humic compounds as part of a sustainable agricultural program.
Despite even the best efforts to eat a balanced diet, our food sources no longer contain the vitamins, fulvic minerals and nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy and strong.
DR. TENNANT'S® RAW MATERIALS® ARE SOURCED FROM THE BEST
Where do the best raw materials come from to make the best humic and fulvic acid supplements?Concentrated raw humate material used to make humic and fulvic acids can be found all over the world. However, not many sources are suitable to use in making humic and fulvic acid supplements. Raw humate deposits were formed from prehistoric plant material—primarily from the Cretaceous period—that have been compacted over time.
North America During the Cretaceous Period
At the edge of the inland sea, the Fruitland Formation would develop over the course of 65 million years. Conditions were perfect to produce what is considered among the best raw humates in the world.There are millions of acres in this pristine area, which is far from civilization and pollution. Humate mineral ore from specific areas of the Fruitland Formation carry a very high fulvic acid concentration and a desirable mineral profile essential to support optimum human health. Our tract of raw materials for this alternative health care supplement is derived from one of these areas. It meets exacting benchmarks that define a superior quality raw material, such as fulvic acid content, a desirable mineral and element profile, and absence of heavy metals that may be an issue in raw humates from other areas of the U.S.
While our humates already carry a high concentration of fulvic acid, we blend in super-concentrated fulvic acid to achieve the 30:70 ratio of humic to fulvic acid that is in Raw Material basic formula. This is an ideal ratio for human health. Most humic to fulvic acid ratios are a 90:10 ratio. These solutions contain very little fulvic acid.
That’s one of the reasons why Dr. Tennant's® Raw Materials® are so effective—more fulvic that goes straight to the cell and carries more nutrients. Humic stays in the digestive tract (which is a good thing) but the more fulvic (small enough to carry both energy and nutrients to the cell), the better!
The Powerful Duo for Health: Phytoplankton and Humic/Fulvic Acids
In the quest for optimal health and well-being, nature often provides us with hidden treasures, and two of these incredible gifts are phytoplankton and humic/fulvic acids. Let's dive into the amazing health benefits they offer when combined!
Dr. Tennant’s Raw Materials® provided 3 mg per serving of high quality phytoplankton. This Phytoplankton is a marine phytoplankton that is cultivated in the Netherlands using a photobioreactore system. It is not heated or irradiated, and it is freeze-dried immediately upon cultivation.
Phytoplankton: The Microscopic Nutritional Powerhouse
Phytoplankton may be small, but don't let their size fool you – they are packed with essential nutrients that can have a profound impact on our health. These microscopic marine plants thrive in oceans and freshwater bodies, and they serve as the foundation of the marine food chain.
Phytoplankton and humic/fulvic acids, although distinct components, can complement and support each other in various ways to promote overall health and well-being.
- Nutritional Support: Phytoplankton, as microscopic marine plants, are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. When consumed, they provide a diverse range of nutrients that can support the body's functions. These nutrients can serve as a foundation for the body's health, making it more receptive to the benefits of humic and fulvic acids.
- Enhanced Absorption: Fulvic acid, a natural chelator, has the remarkable ability to enhance nutrient absorption. When combined with phytoplankton, which contains various nutrients, fulvic acid can increase the bioavailability of these essential elements. This means that the body can better absorb and utilize the nutrients present in phytoplankton, maximizing their positive impact on health.
- Detoxification Support: Humic acid is known for its detoxifying properties, as it can bind to heavy metals and toxins in the body, aiding in their elimination. When phytoplankton is consumed alongside humic acid, it can further support the detoxification process. The combined action of phytoplankton's antioxidants and humic acid's detoxifying abilities promotes a healthy cellular environment and overall detoxification.
- Antioxidant Synergy: Both phytoplankton and fulvic acid possess antioxidant properties that help combat oxidative stress and free radicals in the body. When working together, they create a powerful antioxidant synergy. This collaboration enhances the body's ability to neutralize harmful free radicals, reducing oxidative damage and supporting cellular health.
- Cellular Health: The nutrients present in phytoplankton contribute to cellular health and regeneration. As humic and fulvic acids support the absorption and utilization of these nutrients, they play a crucial role in maintaining cellular health. Healthy cells are better equipped to carry out their functions efficiently and support overall well-being.
- Energy and Vitality: Phytoplankton's nutritional profile, including omega-3 fatty acids, can boost energy levels and enhance vitality. When combined with the energy-enhancing properties of humic acid, this duo provides sustained energy throughout the day, promoting overall vigor and productivity.
- Brain Health and Cognitive Support: Omega-3 fatty acids present in phytoplankton are essential for brain health and cognitive function. Fulvic acid's ability to improve nutrient absorption further supports the brain's nutritional needs. As a result, this combination aids in maintaining mental clarity and cognitive sharpness.
Phytoplankton and humic/fulvic acids form a powerful partnership, with each component contributing unique benefits that complement the other. By combining the nutritional richness of phytoplankton with the absorption-enhancing and detoxifying properties of humic and fulvic acids, this dynamic synergy supports overall health, cellular function, energy levels, and brain health, making them a valuable addition to any health regimen.
GETTING STARTED WITH RAW MATERIALS®
- Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II 2007
- Pharmacology Online. 2009;1:817-25.
- Pharmacology Online. 2009;2:690-8.
- Electronic Journal of Biotechnology. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
- Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
- Acta Pol Pharm. 2000 Nov;57 Suppl:127-9
- Sci Total Environ. 1987 Apr;62:347-54.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
Featured Products in This Article:
Dr. Tennant’s® Raw Materials® Capsules: With humic and fulvic acids, Dr. Tennant’s® Raw Materials® provides the micro and trace nutrients required for optimal health at the cellular level. These nutrients help replace the microorganisms often lost in the food eaten today. Humic and fulvic acids are super-antioxidants that aggressively neutralize free radicals and bind heavy metals and other toxins to safely eliminate from the body system.
Dr. Tennant’s® Raw Materials® Liquid: This is the same product as Dr. Tennant’s® Raw Materials® capsules, except in a liquid form so that it can be added to water and the dose adjusted, according to your healthcare provider's instructions, in order to manage detoxification symptoms (if they occur), such as diarrhea and nausea.
Dr. Tennant’s® Fulvic Super-Concentrate: This is the highest concentration of fulvic acid available. It is nature’s best electrolyte and supports energy at the cellular level. Take this in addition to your daily Raw Materials® (capsules or liquid), if desired for additional detox support, or add to water for an additional energy boost.