During the holidays, we can find ourselves tempted by all of the yummy treats floating around, and Peppermint Bark seems to be everywhere. We wanted to see if we could make a smoothie for a healthy treat with ALL the nutritional benefits of Dr. Tennant's® Restore! We think we got it, and we hope you agree.
From the break room at work, gatherings of family and friends, and even that special box of cookies and candies from your next-door neighbor, we are tempted at every turn to indulge during the holidays. If you love chocolate and peppermint and seem to be slapping your own hand in an attempt to get to January without an extra five pounds, we think you will love our Peppermint Bark Smoothie. Fix those cravings AND get all the extraordinary nutrition you rely upon with Dr. Tennant's® Restore.
Ingredients for your Peppermint Bark Smoothie:
- One scoop of Chocolate RESTORE formula: Restore Chocolate Whey Professional Formula.
If you don't have Chocolate RESTORE, add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to Vanilla RESTORE: Restore Vanilla Whey Professional Formula, Restore Vanilla Veggie Professional Formula or Restore Vanilla Veggie (non-professional) Formula.
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (add more if you love peppermint)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa nibs, if you want a little crunch (optional)
- 1 cup milk (almond, oat, or dairy)
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
Instructions for your Peppermint Bark Smoothie:
- In a blender, put in crushed ice.
- Add 1 scoop Chocolate RESTORE.
- Add milk of your choice.
- Add cocoa powder and/or cocoa nibs (optional).
- Add peppermint extract.
- Place lid on blender and turn power to high, until smoothie is fully blended—just a few seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
If you want to be adventurous put a little crushed candy cane on top.
NOTE: Cacao is the raw version of cocoa. Either works.