Bamboo is better. The superior form of Activated Charcoal is made from Bamboo. Bamboo is harvested after it has grown for many years providing a higher-quality, carbon-rich raw material than more common coconut and wood charcoals. Bamboo charcoal production also produces significantly less pollutants compared to standard charcoals, making it a much more eco-friendly source.
Harvested bamboo is burned at very high temperatures. This superheating activation process creates many tiny pores with binding sites in the charcoal molecules. Superheating bamboo charcoal makes many more pores and binding sites on each molecule than other charcoals, therefore, increasing its overall surface area for binding to occur. This is what makes bamboo charcoal a superior choice.
Imagine the entire surface area of an entire football field to soak up toxins and impurities. This is approximately the surface area on the Activated Bamboo Charcoal molecules in three capsules of Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Bamboo Charcoal.
- Helps with detox & toxin removal
- Highest quality carbon-rich material
- Cleaner than more common coconut, wood & standard charcoals
- Great for travel & promoting healthy digestive system
- Coconut Free
2-3 Capsules once daily at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after food and medication or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Not to be taken at the same time as medication or any other dietary supplement.
- Contraindicated in persons with variegate porphyria.
- Activated charcoal is generally considered safe for adults to use. But, since the activated charcoal actually binds everything in your system, meaning it will prevent you from absorbing nutrients in your food or your medication, it may be important to take the Activated Charcoal away from these followed by a full glass of water or according to your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Always talk to your health care practitioner before trying a new remedy or supplement especially if you are pregnant or nursing or taking other medications or supplements.