Activated Bamboo CharcoalRegular price
- Helps with detox & toxin removal within the GI Tract
- Highest quality carbon-rich material from bamboo
- Cleaner than more common coconut, wood & standard charcoals
- Great for travel & promoting healthy digestive system
- Coconut Free
Promoting internal cleansing and a healthy digestive system, Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Bamboo Charcoal is like a cleansing sponge with millions of tiny pores soaking up and trapping toxins and impurities as it moves down the GI tract detoxifying everything in its path.
Activated charcoal is a fine, odorless, black powder often used in emergency rooms to treat overdoses because of its toxin-absorbing properties. The body is unable to absorb charcoal, so it is eliminated along with all the bound toxins it finds as it moves through the GI tract.
Bamboo is better. The superior form of Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Charcoal is made from Bamboo. This bamboo is harvested after it has grown for many years providing a higher-quality, carbon-rich raw material than more common coconut and wood charcoal. Bamboo charcoal production also produces significantly less pollutants compared to standard charcoal, making it a much more eco-friendly source.
Harvested bamboo is burned at very high temperatures. This superheating activation process
creates many tiny pores with binding sites in the charcoal molecules. Superheating bamboo
charcoal makes many more pores and binding sites on each molecule than other charcoals,
therefore, increasing its overall surface area for binding to occur. This is what makes bamboo
charcoal a superior choice.
Imagine the surface area of an entire football field to soak up toxins and impurities. This is approximately the surface area for three capsules of Dr. Tennant’s® Activated Bamboo Charcoal.
2-3 Capsules once daily at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after food and medication or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Not to be taken at the same time as medication or any other dietary supplement.
- Contraindicated in persons with variegate porphyria.
- Activated charcoal is generally considered safe for adults to use. But, since the activated charcoal actually binds everything in your system, meaning it will prevent you from absorbing nutrients in your food or your medication, it may be important to take the Activated Charcoal away from these followed by a full glass of water or according to your healthcare provider's instructions.
- Always talk to your health care practitioner before trying a new remedy or supplement especially if you are pregnant or nursing or taking other medications or supplements.